Sunday, October 7, 2012

Authenticity


Autumn's Approach 9x12  (click on pic to zoom)


This week I was in South Glastonbury just as the last of the cool morning fog was lifting off the eastern hills.

But this journal entry is about something else --  authenticity.  In a review by Billboard.com about Mary Chapin Carpenter's recent album, "Ashes and Roses," MCC spoke about how she just tries to be true to herself.  Well said, MCC.

Though she is grateful for the positive reviews she has received over the years, she says that nobody pleases everyone all of the time. "No one is going to like everything you do," she admits. "That's just an impossible standard. I think the way I feel about what I do is that I'm trying to be authentic. I don't know what else to write about. So, if it doesn't connect with someone, or they don't like it, I can't be angry or disappointed. I'm just trying to be true to myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment